Gertrude's Renovation

Gertrude is a 1961 Airstream Caravel. This blog will document the progress of her renovation,

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thursday, Day Two of Five

Today I continued stripping the door. It is about 98% complete. I realized part way through today that the remover has eaten away the edge of my plastic scrapper. I switched to a metal one and scrapped very carefully. It was amazing how much quicker the stripping went.

After a trip to the hardware store for more paint, I completed the trim painting around the vents. I also painted the inside (under the burners) of the stove. It was very rusty under there and a coat of rustoleum black stove paint did wonders. With the top on the stove, you can't tell it is a different color. That should stop the rust and give the stove a few more seasons.