Gertrude's Renovation

Gertrude is a 1961 Airstream Caravel. This blog will document the progress of her renovation,

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Wednesday, One of Five

Today's major project was stripping the zoltone from the inside of the door. I have decided to strip the door down to the aluminum and polish it. I stripped the old pint from the zoltone with Klean Strip, but needed something tougher to complete the project. I am using Klean Strip's Aircraft Remover to strip the zoltone off the aluminum. It took two applications of the remover to get about 90% of the zoltone off the bottom and left side of the door. Tomorrow I will work on the right side and top of the door.

I also taped and prepped for some internal trim paninting, and painted the trim around the back window. The paininting goes really fast, but the prepping takes a very long time.